Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Gattaca (1997)

I don't like watching old movies--- with bad colors. Considering that Gattaca is a 1997 movie, it's already old for me. So, I was surprised with quality of this film, and the story--- it's very advance for a 1997 plot with a not so far future setting. Some of the elements of the story were already available now--- like blood determining sickness, possible lifetime etc. Who would have thought of having weak?! DNA would suggest discrimination in the future. It's just fascinating--- genetics, traveling to space, company with high-tech gadgets, watch phone.

Just bad that Jude Law had to kill himself, but very touching --- "I only gave you my body, but you gave me your dream."

Gattaca is how I imagined life would be in the near future, stiff and non- emotional, very practical, if you're useless kill yourself. Solid.

0 comments: