Wednesday, August 05, 2009

UST Honors President Cory Aquino

The Order of Preachers--- Dominican Brothers, serviced a mass for Tita Cory, August 04, 2009, and invited all the Thomasians to take part in celebration of our Pres. Cory's legacy and pray for her soul.
UST announcement:

To honor the former President Corazon C. Aquino, THOMASIANS are requested to
wear YELLOW t-shirts and to attend the MASS at the Manila Cathedral today,
August 4, 2009 at 7:00 P.M. INSTEAD OF 8:00 P.M. with the Dominican
brethren led by UST Rector, Rev. Fr. Rolando V. de la Rosa, O.P. as
concelebrant. The UST Symphony Orchestra will provide the musical part of the
liturgy.


Me and Janelle went to UST (nostalgia---wt*) to meet up with the group going to Manila Cathedral, but unfortunately, we were late.

So we decided to just go there straight.


Guards were strict, luckily I have with me my UST Alumni ID, and Fr. Rector Dela Rosa came to our rescue (we have formed a UST group outside the cathedral). We entered the gates for VIPs and relatives (4 Thomasians were left, including me after the guards allowed only 10 people from UST, but then Ting Ting Cojuangco made a consideration (I guess) and let us thru--- she shocked me--- she talked to me and asked me if I were from the UST group, and then she pointed me to our place. *Very sweet lady, as I imagined her to be.)


Then, mass started, the sermon that Cardinal Vidal gave, was an okay sermon, but it was the second one that had a very good point--- He pointed that Cory was an amateur, an amateur president that knows nothing--- nothing about corruption, etc. Amateur only works for passion and love, unlike the inteligentes.




The mass ended with this---.


A PhP 100.00 shirt that will be part of history.

2 comments:

Kevin Kier Amandy said...

You're lucky to be inside the cathedral during the mass. Most students (if not all) who joined the march from UST were not able to enter the cathedral.

Charlie Chan said...

Yeah, lucky me. I guess if Fr. Rector didn't see us, I would have been stuck outside or maybe lined up. It was really an experience, to see her and say a prayer for her.