Sunday, January 31, 2010

Jobs Well- Done

It was a recommendation from Kelvin for me to read this, before my interview (if I would have a scheduled one): Black Bag: Inspirations: Steve Jobs' Commencement Address

The speech had three parts. Steve, talked about 1) connecting the dots, 2) love and loss, and 3) about death, which all were very practical, and meaningful, at least from what I think, essential for success--- to be like Steve.

1) connecting the dots:
More on simply saying that everything happens for a reason, and we'll never know until we look back. Appreciate everything happening to you. We don't have to understand it today.

2) love and loss:
I think this is also simple--- that we should learn from our loss, or learn to let go, and take in the new. I love this part,
I'm convinced that the only thing that kept me going was that I loved what I did. You've got to find what you love. And that is as true for your work as it is for your lovers. Your work is going to fill a large part of your life, and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do.
It hit all the questions right, it's like answering the question--- Why this job?
 --- because I'm certain that I will love what I will be doing, I am excited about the task--- that it would be as such, because I love it, and it feels normal.

Also, he said to keep on searching if haven't found it yet.

3) about death:
Seize everyday. Don't think too much--- at least don't think of what other people say--- trust your instinct because it somehow knows what you want, because it is your blurred deliberate desire, sort of.

Great read! Thanks Kelvin.

2 comments:

Kelvin said...

hahahaha no prob & goodluck charlie! always stay hungry & stay foolish :)

Charlie Chan said...

Yep! Literally. LOL