Wednesday, April 07, 2010

Coco Adobo

Adobo (Pork Stew) Filipino all-time favorite.
I am not really a fan of Adobo, or any dish with cubed pork/ beef meat (I prefer thin sliced meat) but I occasionally do eat, if I have no choice (either to cook another dish or settle). Of course, I have requests on how they should cook my Adobo, I like my aunt's Adobo. There's nothing really special about her Adobo, she even puts really cheap ingredients in, but she pressure cooks it and let it cook in its marinade, until dry, and then add up the same mix of sauce again. Today the Adobo was prepared with coco sugar instead of the regular sugar, or muscovado. We are testing if the taste will be altered when coco sugar is used instead of the regular sugar.
And the verdict, hmm, nothing has changed not even a slight taste of coconut, maybe even made it tastier?! I don't know, reaction of the vinegar to the coco sugar? or maybe because of the way it was cooked. Okay I'll let you try this one and taste it yourself, be the judge but I say to you, it has still the same aroma of the garlic, uhmm, you can even taste it just by smelling. Hits your every senses.

Visit charliechapsuey for the recipe.

I enjoyed the serving, maybe because of the plating--- we should eat like this all the time ei, plated dishes makes it more appetizing.

Join our group Healthy Me and know the latest news about being and staying healthy.

0 comments: