Saturday, April 03, 2010

How are you Haw Flakes?

Do you remember this? Haw Flakes.
It is my favorite candy back when I was still a child, playing at the streets of Oroquieta, Tayuman (okay, not actually at the streets, but on occasions that I am allowed to go down from 3rd floor). We used to call it 'Oscha' or the bread of life, or 'Katawan ni Cristo' because it looks like the Host from the Communion rites. I miss it. I didn't know that it was sort of a good candy, coming from Hawthorn--- the superstar heart vitamins.

4 comments:

Danielle said...

I love haw flakes! Meron pa rin nyan sa supermarkets :)

Charlie Chan said...

Ah, really? Never na ko nakakita, kahit na I am always in Binondo. We have it back in the sari sari store e. Sarap nuh.

Danielle said...

Yup! Meron sa Mercury Drug, pero ibang brand. But I remember seeing that particular brand elsewhere.

Charlie Chan said...

Tried the one from Eng Bee Tin, pero it's not the same, hindi sya masarap. I will continue my quest.