Saturday, October 17, 2009

Updated: Chan-Cu Family

Just recently I have discovered this (well, because it's just recently I got very interested with everything about it), it's just recently that I thought of joining the association for purposes that would be better or mutually beneficial for me and for the association. Beneficial for me because I get to meet new people, learn about the identity I am embracing (since I still have many things to learn about Chinese culture, Chinoy, etc.) and beneficial for them because maybe LOL I can contribute a great whatever in the future, maybe in in the association itself but to the whole community.


Source: Phil. Trivia
Here is a stamp issued by the Philippine Postal Corporation to commemorate Chan-Cu's 100 years. It features Chan-Tze, born in 505 B.C., the most honored scholar ancestor of the Chan-Cu Family. The other one shows the Chan-Cu Centennial logo for the centennial celebration in November 2006.

And just recently that I knew of my dad's Chinese name. And just recently we need to change my name (my name sucked, don't ask about it something to do with police) to follow the generation poem naming system, in which I need the poem to know what's next to KOK.

More info about Chan-Cu Association.

Update:
Okay got the poem already--- they check it in the computer! High Tech, I was waiting for them to give me really old old book or scroll or whatever "OLD", but then SHOCKED "Okay, tan eh a, kwa mai, tian nao.", when I heard the Chinese girl (in a very funny voice) said that she will check the computer--- COMPUTER, for that old tradition--- of generation names. WOW.


Chinese name reads as Chan Hua Sun/ Zeng Hua Shun,
still after my English name, Charles the Great (華hua-- great/ chinese),
well 順shun is being obidient, or yeah that.

Okay, about the province, nobody knows in the family how to write in Chinese very well except for me (I don't write very well, but I can write), but unfortunately--- Oua Hay Lay Ke--- is in Fookienese, the maps are in Putonghua (Mandarin), figure that out.

1 comments:

Eugene Khoo said...

Hi Charlie.

I am currently writing a research paper on the history of the Khoo-Chan clansmen diaspora in Southeast Asia.

I have managed to trace the clansmen history in Penang and Malacca (both in Malaysia), Singapore and Yangon (Myanmar) under their clan associations known as Long Shan Tang (龙山堂). I wonder is this Chan Cu Association shares a same clan progenitor, Ceng Qian Rong 曾迁荣 and has the ancestry in Xinjiang (新江), Fujian (福建).