Friday, December 25, 2009

Christmas Special


The Christmas Tree at Lydia- Inday's house

One of our dining chair at home.
Christmas has always been a gastronomic job for us. Never-ending dining at tables starts at 08:00pm of December 24 (and 12mn for noche buena) at our own round antique dining table, decorated with Christmas-y table mantle/cloth (which by the way could be there for the whole year or half, if mom remembers to change). At this time, preparation for 12:00mn is being done, along with eating dinner, if some of the dishes are available immediately--- you can chew away. This year (well most of the time) we had carbonara, menudo, fruit salad, among others.

Where the hell is my gift?

These kids are the works. LOL. They love the camera, or they're just Filipinos.

Mom, Lydia, Inday, and Issel. Okay tuck in the fats. LOL


Don't be all too serious. Smile smile. Dad, mom, Lydia, Nonong, Issel and Inday.

 Glittering shoes.

It's 4:00pm already good bye (Sorry got blurred, was walking out backwards)

At 12:00nn of December 25, we go to mom's friends’ house, Lydia and Inday, to have our lunch, and the annual Escolta-days-round of stories from my mom and Lydia (they were officemates). And then around 04:00pm, we go to my grandma’s house to feast on our favorite seafood dishes.

Did little grocery shopping before going to grandma's.


Lots of people at the mall, listening to the choir, at SM North EDSA.
 This year we had extraordinary dishes at grandma's, literally, that we don't know how to call some of it.

Steamed Maya-maya (doesn't look really tasty, but I think it is) was made into a pulutan by my uncles.


This is grilled, hmm, Embutido?!

The staple Leche Flan.

This is unknown.

Left is the Rebusadong Hipon, if that's what it's called, and then right is the Caldereta.

This is our favorite, Adobong Pusit.

Homemade Hamon by Auntie Susan.
There are few other dishes that I wasn't able to take picture of like, the famous Kare-kare, Chicken Joy (product of uncle Noel Ariel), the Spaghetti (that first landing into our stomach, because rice was not yet ready). Speaking of spaghetti:

I think he is ready for his spaghetti commercial.

I say these kids are really growing too fast, they move like old people, they know what they want. LOL

When it's time for the money-gift giving everyone is in the puppy-look mode.

Grandma handing out hundreds?!PhP500.00?

Woops, wrong picture, yeah they all left their plates.

This picture would have a nice VO, like this:
(Evil laugh) Mwahahaha, I have paldo.

Gio: Mainggit ka ate, I have lots of money.
Joyce: Poor me.

My Tito Bebot (Noel Ariel) handing me some money.
Here I give you all of this.

Jorelle: Did you catch me?
Me: I wasn't aim for you. I was aiming for:

I was aiming for this, the evidence.

Okay there, but still haven't catched you, out of focus.

As soon as the money-gift giving is finished, back to eating!

Jill slicing the ham (it's her cheat day, she doesn't eat meat meat, only chicken and fish)

Say AHH.

Okay Joyce hiding while eating the whole Leche Flan, so much for dieting huh. LOL

Hmm. the Embutido wrap, for a shoe?! nice one Jill. Oh and plus the Chanel.
To end the night.
We haven't had a family picture for years, well I think because inspite of a number of us have DSLRs, we lack the wideangle lens. LOL. We don't fit the frame.

Count it, 12 siblings plus a ton of kids. Merry Christmas! See you next year!

0 comments: