Saturday, December 12, 2009

Intramuros Bitch!


It really depresses (is there such a word?!) me, it's not even my fault that the presentation failed because the instruction to me was--- create a template background. Define template.

A template is a file that serves as a starting point for a new document. When you open a template, it is pre-formatted in some way. For example, you might use template in Microsoft Word that is formatted as a business letter. The template would likely have a space for your name and address in the upper left corner, an area for the recipient's address a little below that on the left site, an area for the message body below that, and a spot for your signature at the bottom.


When you save a file created with a template, you are usually prompted to save a copy of the file, so that you don't save over the template. Templates can either come with a program or be created by the user. Most major programs support templates, so if you find yourself creating similar documents over and over again, it might be a good idea to save one of them as a template. Then you won't have to format your documents each time you want to make a new one. Just open the template and start from there.
-- from techterms.com
 
That's template, and so I also searched in some samples in the program that I will use, it has content. I decided to ask again if there will be content that I would place in the template. The instruction to me was clear, that I create a background for the template. So, I created dumb templates, or I mean backgrounds and didn't even sleep to finish. The next day--- at the meeting I understood already that the client's instruction was to really create the whole template not just the background (so the dumb templates were trashed, a waste of one day because they didn't understand the client's instruction)--- and the deadline for the revision which was not actually revision--- the next day--- so again did not sleep to finish that. For me to create a .ppt presentation when 'was in college--- I spent weeks studying the content and what would be more compelling to do--- wordy or picture-y.
 
What's the trick in doing a great .ppt presentation--- preparation.
 
So, ofcourse the client was expecting something different--- without any sleep (just the three hours I asked them to give me) I can't produce something that needs the brain to function--- because all my brain cells are out, it's just instincts that are functioning--- like copy (pak) paste (pak), copy (pak) paste (pak).
 
Now, going to Intramuros--- such a bad experience for me--- will be hateful, because I will remember that, there was a time that I was being labeled "f*cked up incompetent" (not the words used but it felt like that, I am not even an employee, and was not treated like that by any of the clients before, because I don't allow them, but this one I can't do anything because it's not my client. I have to respect their relationship with the agency. If it was my client the hell with them--- supposed to really prepare also before giving projects--- but  it's the agency's fault to accept project that are impossibly executable, and out of their powers to do) --- and it was not infront of my face, goddammit.
 
Everybody hates doing ppt, why is that?

0 comments: